303 E. Frank Ave
Lufkin, TX, 75901
Hours Tuesday-Friday,10AM-5:30PM, contact us for special events and weekend scheduling
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Instructions
- Closely shave the treatment area as close to your appointment time as possible.
- Only shave the treatment area during your treatment process, no plucking, waxing, bleaching, threading or any method of hair removal that will pull the hair out by the root. The hair must remain intact beneath the skin.
- Arrive to your appointment with clean skin; do not apply creams, lotions, or deodorant.
- Use of tanning beds, self-tanning lotions, creams, and sun exposure on the area to be treated must be avoided for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment. This is extremely important to avoid blistering and potential scarring.
- Wear a broad spectrum SPF 30 or more on the treatment area every day for the duration of your treatment process. • If you are now or at any time during your treatment process orally or topically using photosensitive medications (antibiotics, St. Johns Wort, Accutane, etc) please inform us immediately. You must be off of these drugs for 10 days to 6 months depending on the drug before you can be treated safely.
- Avoid aspirin and aspirin containing products for 2 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid Retin-A, Retinols, Glycolics, Salicylics on the treatment area 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you are using a topical anesthetic, please apply 30 minutes to 1 hour before your treatment. If you need to apply the anesthetic at the Medspa, please make appointment arrangements with the reception desk prior to your treatment.
- Wear a broad spectrum SPF 30 or more on the treatment area every day for the duration of your treatment process. • If needed, you may use cool compresses on the treatment area for the first several hours after your treatment. • Aloe vera gel may be applied to help soothe the treatment area.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area during the treatment process.
- Avoid sweating, saunas, swimming pools, lakes or ocean water for 24 hours after your treatment.
- If treating the bikini area, avoid any friction or chaffing for 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Use cool water, a gentle cleanser and a soft cloth to cleanse the treatment area for 24-48 hours after your treatment. • Avoid exfoliating scrubs or brushes for 24-48 hours post treatment.
- If you are treating over freckled or pigmented areas, you may notice these areas get darker the 1st couple of days. This is normal and should not be of concern. Do not try to scrub off. The area will flake off within 1-2 weeks.
- If a blister or crusting appears, or you have a histamine reaction (itching) please call the clinic, you may need an antibiotic ointment or a hydrocortisone cream. This is a possibility with any laser treatment.
- Make-up can be applied to the treatment area if needed.